Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

joe
joe
joe, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2003 saab: arc..cold weather..it runs great, but have to crank
Dan, Automotive Technician
I have a 2003 Saab 9.5 Arc 3.0T that is difficult to start in cold weather. Once it starts, it runs great, but have to crank quite a bit before starts. Any Ideas?… read more
2002 Chevy suburban: park..start unless..Neutral..alarm system
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
My 2002 Chevy suburban honks when I try to start it in park and will not start unless I put my foot on the brake or shift it to Neutral. The problem appears to be with the alarm system as the alarm li… read more
2000 jeep: start unless..first put..neutral and even when you try
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My 2000 Jeep Gr. Cher. frequently will not start unless you first put it in neutral and even when you try that, most of the time it still will not start? What do you think it is? Someone said, it coul… read more
Fuel pump..fuel filter changed, tune up done, fuel injector..leak
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
It won't start unless I put starter fluid in the Carburetor. It then starts immediately and stays running great unless I shut it off. The fuel pump is working fine, I have pressure in the lines, fuel … read more
you change an automatic transmission vehicle in neutral position
Chris
Chris, auto mechanic
is it the best thing when you change an automatic transmission vehicle in neutral position when u stop for at least 3 minutes… read more
2002 CHEVY CAVALIER: STARTED ACTING..RPM..IT IS IN NEUTRAL AND YOU
vipertech763
vipertech763, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I HAVE A 2002 CHEVY CAVALIER, IT HAS STARTED ACTING FUNNY.SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING IT THE RPM WILL GO UP AND THE CAR IS SOUND AS IF IT IS IN NEUTRAL AND YOU ARE RIVVING IT UP.DURING THIS THE SPE… read more
2003 Oldsmobile Bravada: wont start..it into neutral to push it..park
Dan, Automotive Technician
My 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada won't start. I got in and put the key in the ignition to put it into neutral to push it out of the garage and now the key won't come out and it won't let me put in any other… read more
GM: 1996 1/2 ton standard transmission 4X4..wont start..drives fine
goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, Lead Tech/ Shop Leader
I have a 1996 1/2 ton standard transmission 4X4 , 4.3 GM motor that won't start unless you put a little gas in the trottle body I have changed the TPI and fuel regulator it is like not getting a shot … read more
Car won't start unless shift lever is "giggled". Is there a
Ron, Automotive Tech
Car won't start unless shift lever is "giggled". Is there a contact in the shift lever system that interacts with the electrical starting system… read more
2002 Elantra: hesitates..it wont start..unless it is jumped..degrees
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
My son's 2002 Elantra hesitates on every attempt to start it. If the weather is extreme, it won't start at all unless it is jumped. This is especially true if the weather is below 40 degrees. Local de… read more
The car show start error and won't start. wanting to put it
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
the car show start error and won't start. wanting to put it into neutral so it can be towed to garage (2003 ML 350) … read more
2002 hyaudi santa fe wont start in park, only in neutral.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
2002 hyaudi santa fe wont start in park, only in neutral. the other day i put a transmission preserver for high mile autos, now a day later it wont start… read more
alarm wont go off unless i put the key..however, the car wont start
William B
William B, Associate Degree
the alarm won't go off unless i put the key in the ignition and turn. however, the car wont start… read more
2000 Mazda mpv: /neutral switch..switch located..fixing
NicksSticks
NicksSticks, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a problem with the 2000 Mazda mpv park/neutral switch. The vehicle will start in neutral , but will not start in park. Where is the switch located and what is entailed in fixing the problem.… read more
1996 jeep grand cherokee: wont start unless..the starter..wrench
Dan, Auto Technician
My 1996 jeep grand cherokee sometimes won't start unless you get out and tap on the starter with a wrench or something. I went to to get the starter checked, said it was good. What is causing this pro… read more
92 olds toronado: eng..wont start unless you give it gas..leak
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
92 olds toronado 3.8 eng. won't start unless you give it gas (it won't idle) I couldn't find vac leak… read more
1999 Chevy Suburban: my vehicle will stall..neutral..start right back
Dan, AUTO DIAGNOSTIC TECH
I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban with a 6.5 turbo diesel. As I drive down the road my vehicle will stall. I put it in neutral and it will start right back up with the turn of the key. This usually happens… read more
1999 kia sportage: manual transmission neutral safty switch..stick
stin1974
stin1974, Mechanic/Technician
1999 kia sportage-manual transmission Neutral safty switch how to fix. It woudld not start unless you wiggle shift stick and now that isnt working. Where is the switch located and how to fix?… read more