Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1990 Trooper LS: auto trans..second gear..throttle..2.8 V-6, and 4WD.
Pragueress
Pragueress, Bachelor's Degree
auto trans shift problem between 1st and 2nd gears, hangs up for a bit, then shifts firmly to second gear. Is there a valve or accumulator hanging up, or throttle pressure cable???? This is a 1990 Tro… read more
2006 Hyundai Sonata: cyl..Automatic transmission..3rd gear..Trans
Eric, Retired
2006 Hyundai Sonata 4 cyl. - Automatic transmission shifting issue between 2nd and 3rd gear, both on up shift and downshift. Trans at times can't seem to find which gear to be in... any thoughts or TS… read more
Turbo..2nd and when shifted into high gear (3rd) trans locks up sold
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
Why would a turbo 400 trans shift from 1st to 2nd and when shifted into high gear (3rd) trans locks up sold????… read more
2010 s4 manual trans grinds when shifting from 2nd. to 3rd.
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, master technition
2010 s4 manual trans grinds when shifting from 2nd. to 3rd. and 3rd. to 4th. grinds when downshifting also in same gears also shudders when engaging clutch from a stop.… read more
car has trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd gears
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
car has trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd gears - at lights sometimes total loss of power trying to get it going when light turns green (this is a 2007 CX-9 with 106k miles)… read more
mustang: ouy of town..is revung up in between 2nd and 3rd gears
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I am working on my friends car and he doesn't have a manuel for it. And he is ouy of town for a few weeks. The mustng is revung up in between 2nd and 3rd gears. And i am pretty sure it has to do with … read more
Explorer: Eddie Bauer..getting stuck between 2nd and 3rd gear..acc
Red
Red, Auto Mechanic
I have a 2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer that I bought Aug. 2002. In June 2003 I took it to the dealer and said it was getting stuck between 2nd and 3rd gear, that if I released the acc. it would shift. I w… read more
2001 mazda protege: auto trans..shift..3rd gear,1st and 2nd are fine
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Hi, 2001 mazda protoge' w/1.6 auto trans. will not shift into 3rd gear,1st and 2nd are fine. trouble code for 3rd shift solenoid , dropped pan and toggled all solenoids seem to function. fluid was cle… read more
2003 Cadillac Escalade: my transmission slip when shifting..3rd gear
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
On my 2003 Cadillac Escalade why does my transmission slip when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear?… read more
2001 hyundai elantra: gears..check engine light comes on..automatic
Rob
Rob, ASE Master Technician
My car keeps getting stuck in gears, mostly in 2nd and 3rd, occasionally in 1st. Then it lunges when it does shift and the check engine light comes on. It is a 2001 hyundai elantra, automatic. It even… read more
Jeep grand cherokee: it doesnt shift to the 3rd gear..2nd gear
Marc
Marc, fleet supervisor
i Have a1993 jeep grand cherokee and it doesn't shift to the 3rd gear and at time it feel like it's starting in 2nd gear,sometimes it change at 6000rpm… read more
2001 mazda protege: auto trans..3rd gear..trouble code..pan
Your Auto Inspector
1993 Ford Tempo: manual trans..be slipping in 2nd and 3rd gears.
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
I have a 1993 Ford Tempo w/ a 5 sp manual trans. It seems to be slipping in 2nd and 3rd gears. Does this mean major trouble or is it a low trans level? By the way, how do you check the fluid level on … read more
audi: trans runs to third gear ( 1st 2nd 3rd )..slip between gears
Hog Rider
Hog Rider, Rebuliding Foreman
I have an audi 100s 1994. The trans runs to third gear ( 1st 2nd 3rd ) by 23mph, then seems to slip between gears.… read more
93 mustang: automatic..cyl..2nd gear shift fine but 3rd and4th
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
93 mustang automatic 4 cyl 1st and 2nd gear shift fine but 3rd and4th will not shift until the shift lever is moved almost to nuetral. HOW DO WE ADJUST THE SHIFT LINKAGE TO CORRECT ?… read more
1993 mazda: the way it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear..2.0l..automatic
Sean, High School or GED
my car will not start and it is not the battery and the starter never gave a warning about going out the only problem i have other than it not starting is the way it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. what … read more
2004 Hyundai Tiburon: jerking..3rd gear it only happens..i accelerate
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
My 2004 Hyundai Tiburon is jerking between 2nd and 3rd gear it only happens when i accelerate swiftly?… read more
1995 GMC: Van..does not accelerate when shifting to 3rd gear
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
1995 GMC Van, does not accelerate when shifting to 3rd gear. Transmission Speed Switch? How do I replace it. Autozone sold me a new Speed Switch which I replaced. Now the Transmission is making a nois… read more