Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Mad Mike
Mad Mike
Mad Mike, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2016 Acura RDX headlight problem message is on. I had bumper
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
Yes. I had bumper repair done on that side and the message came on after I picked up the car. I called them and they said they put the light back exactly the same as before, and its' electronic system on the car!! … read more
Acura: 100k mile..crank bolt loosened, which damaged the engine
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I have a Certified Pre-Owned Acura still under the 7-year/100K mile extended warranty. Acura''s done all the maintenance on the car. Recently, the crank bolt loosened, which damaged the engine, and Ac… read more
My question is about a Honda Shadow 750 with 49,000 kms.
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
Hi my question is about a Honda Shadow 750 with 49,000 kms. … read more
I have a 2006 Escape Limited 4x4 with about 124k miles. I've
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
Hi, I have a 2006 Escape Limited 4x4 with about 124k miles. I've owned it about 9 months. Back in June, I replaced both front wheel bearings. At the time I also replaced both front rotors and pads, an… read more
2003 Olds Alero: it not accelerating when I..25 mph..engine revs..rpm
Daniel, Lead mech
I have a 2003 Olds Alero with a 3.4L engine. For about the past month, I've had problems with it not accelerating when I push the gas. I can be going at 25 mph and floor it and all that happens is the… read more
2006 Forenza: transmission replaced..The dealership replaced it
Expert, auto mechanic
I recently purchased a 2006 Forenza used. After owning it for about 6 months I had to have the transmission replaced. The dealership replaced it quickly and was very friendly, but since then I have be… read more
2005 Chevrolet Impala: with about 14,000 miles on it
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Lead Auto Tech
Hello. I own a 2005 Chevrolet Impala with about 14,000 miles on it. I usually drive it two days a week. I've taken it in for regular maintenance, but it is developing problems. Sometimes when I hit th… read more
I own a 2002 Mazda Protege with about 80,000 miles. I recently
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
I own a 2002 Mazda Protege with about 80,000 miles. I recently had the front pipe (the one between the pre-catalytic and the catalytic converter). Shortly thereafter I noticed kind of a metallic buzzi… read more
1500 Yukon: Automatic..She drives..mechanical..transmission fluid
stin1974
stin1974, Mechanic/Technician
Hi I have an old('98) Chev 1500 Yukon (Automatic) with about 268000 km on the clock. She drives like a dream and is not short on power! it is in good mechanical condition and has given no problems wha… read more
2001 Rodeo: drove..I have working brake lights, headlights..horn
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I just had my drive shaft replaced and drove my 2001 Rodeo about 15 miles and an alarm went off (sounded like the key in ignition alarm), simultaneously my air conditioning/heating system shut off, my… read more
My oil pressure light came..cap for the oil filter was leaking oil
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
My oil pressure light came on about a month after i had my oil changed. Its only on for about 15-20 seconds and then goes off. I noticed that the cap for the oil filter was leaking oil. So i took it i… read more
99 Pontiac Montana: 000 miles..an hour, the shifting..jerky..flushed
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I own a 99 Pontiac Montana with 130,000 miles on it. For about the past 5 to 6 months when driving for at least an hour, the shifting of the transmission is very jerky. I have had the transmission flu… read more
I had to have my battery replaced 2 months ago. It was done
Eric, Retired
I had to have my battery replaced 2 months ago. It was done at an Auto Parts store. I tried to drive out of the parking lot, but car didn't have any power and stalled. I started it again and the same … read more
driven..about 8,000 miles..air filter box had blown into pieces..towed
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
I had owned a 08 i-290 for about six months, was driven every day and at about 8,000 miles I started the truck and heard an explosion (almost a backfire sound) from under the hood. The air filter box … read more
2003 acura: my headlights..drivers side..igniter..same problem
Jason
Jason, ASE Certified Technician
I own a 2003 Acura 3.2TL, just bought it 6 months back. Right from the beginning, i had problems with my headlights. In feb, everything behind the drivers side headlight was gone, igniter, inverter et… read more
Mitsubishi lancer: 1.8 Fuel Injected Sedan..only run
MastertechRobert
MastertechRobert, Master tech/Smog Tech
I have a 1995 CC Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Fuel Injected Sedan. Had it since new. Done 120,000kms.The last few months I've had big 'flat spot' problems on acceleration to a point it won't accelerate will … read more
2004 Aviator: The tire pressure sensor fault code is driving me crazy
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
I own a 2004 Aviator. The tire pressure sensor fault code is driving me crazy. I've had it looked at by the dealer several times and still not fixed. How hard is it to diagnose? They told me that I ma… read more
A remanufactured engine in my 89 YJ 2.5..road..body work
Larry
Larry, Technical Editor
installed a remanufactured engine in my 89 YJ 2.5. I've had the enigne running for about 6 months, never been on the road as I am doing the body work and vehicle is unregistered. I would start it on w… read more