Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I am trying the replace the ecm on a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse

I am trying the replace the ecm on a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT. Everything that I have read shows the ecm against the firewall behind the glove bax. What is the EASIEST way to get at it? Do I need to take apart the AC duct work, or disassemble the dash?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX have to renove the glove box, remove the glove box door, then remove the screws that hold the glove box in, the computer will be behind it.Tim
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tim,

Thanks for answering so quickly. I have done all that & don't see anything that even remotely resembles the part I have. The replacement part has this number on it: MR563843.

Thanks,

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 years ago.
The main ecu is behind the glove box, there is another called the front ecu that is locted by the battery.Timgraphic
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 years ago.
Does this lopk like the ecu you are replacing?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, that is not the ECU I am replacing, unless I am trying to mess with the wrong one. Which ecu (ecm) controls the EGR solenoid. the fuse box one (front) or the one that I can't seem to find?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 years ago.
The main ecu controls the egr solenoid, if its not behind the glove box, check under the passenger seat,