Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Dan, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
locks..I remove them without messing up my chrome wheels?
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I lost the key for 2008 style Gorille wheel locks. How do I remove them without messing up my chrome wheels? The Gorilla lock company was no help.… read more
Scion tc tc: Hello, I have been working on my 2006 Scion tcs
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Hello, I have been working on my 2006 Scion tc's manual clutch. About two weeks ago I ran into the classic clutch pedal sinking to floor. . . blah...blah. . .so, I have replaced both the Master and sl… read more
2004 Pontiac Aztek: My key is getting stuck..shifter..chip..disable
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
I have 2004 Pontiac Aztek My key is getting stuck in the ignition and if i cant mess with car enough to get key out have to unplug the battery to prevent a dead car. Took it to the dealer they said th… read more
Scion: Scion TC 2006 My car starts and when I press the gas
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Scion TC 2006 My car starts and when I press the gas it does not rev the rpm go to like 2000 RPM. the following DCS code appears P2138. IS THRE a way to get out of fail safe mode? With out buying anyt… read more
Scion TC: clutch..axle..I removed the two carrier bearing bolts
lexpert
lexpert, Technician
I am installing a clutch in a manual 05 Scion TC. I am having trouble removing the right hand axle out. I removed the two carrier bearing bolts. I just do not understand if the shaft from the transaxl… read more
I have just snapped my key in the car door lock! its not..unlocks
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
i have just snapped my key in the car door lock! its not the key that start the car it only locks and unlocks the car-what do i need to do?? im worried to take it to a main delaer incase they try and … read more
I have a 2006 scion tc and the check engine light is on can
Ron Z.
Ron Z., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 2006 scion tc and the check engine light is on can I still drive my car for a few days without getting stranded … read more
I just broke my only key to the ignition of a 2006 scion tc.
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
I just broke my only key to the ignition of a 2006 scion tc. Do I need to get the entire ignition repleced? … read more
mustang: my 05..v..locks..display says out of gas then doors
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
im having some charging system problems with my 05 mustang v-6.The lights go out can't shift out of park..blinkers stop, radio out windows and locks gone. display says out of gas then doors ajar.etc..… read more
Range rover sport..a lock smith open the car and get my keys out
Kiatech
Kiatech, Shop Foreman/Technician
i locked my key in the ignition in the car... 2008 range rover sport... can a lock smith open the car and get my keys out?… read more
scion tc im trying to take the side skirt off of my 06 scion
rlc532
rlc532, Various vehicle tech
im trying to take the side skirt off of my '06 scion tc to repair a dent located just behind the driver side door and was wondering how to take the pop rivets out that hold the side skirt without brea… read more
Tc: ignition switch..switch under..wont start..check for fuel pressure
Jason
Jason, ASE Certified Technician
i have 99lincoln tc someone try to break into my car and they broke the ignition and know the key wont turn the stering wheel is lock i remove the ignition switch under the stering colum try to turn o… read more
1999 passat: start my..another key..door lock..turn signals will come
David, Shop Foreman / Lead Technician
When trying to start my 1999 passat i have to put another key in the door or hold the door lock to get the engine to turn over. Also some times the turn signals will come on when I turn the key on. If… read more
Car doors are locked in( open )position I cannot close them
Bob
Bob, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
car doors are locked in( open )position I cannot close them because the u slot is closed, the striker keeps hitting metal.I have to drive and hold the door shut.… read more
1990 Chrysler: cars..rather my vehicles number on the assembly line
AutoTechAL
AutoTechAL, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1990 Chrysler TC by Maserati and am trying to find out the production number of my particular car. Not the number of cars produced but rather my vehicles'' number on the assembly line. Can yo… read more
I Have a peugeot 207 which locks itself when you close
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
i Have a peugeot 207 which locks itself when you close drives door. Keys get locked in car. If any other door are is open it doesn't do this. Doesn't open with fob anymore and when you unlock it you h… read more
My keys are stuck in the ingnition and i cant get them out..park
landrover_guy
landrover_guy, Associate Degree
My keys are stuck in the ingnition and i can''t get them out. The car is not running and its in park?… read more
1966 Buick Riviera: keys..trunk release..the car is unlocked)
Expert, auto mechanic
I think my husband locked his keys up in a 1966 Buick Riviera. We just got the car and don''t know how to get them out. Is there a trunk release anywhere in the car (the rest of the car is unlocked). … read more