How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask john c. Your Own Question
john c.
john c., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 238
Experience:  asep grad,ase master 18 years,gm master certified,associates degree
Type Your Car Question Here...
john c. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2001 lincoln LS: V..coolant leak..radiator cap..the engine bay

Resolved Question:

I have a 2001 lincoln LS V-8. I seem to have a coolant leak and I am trying to utilize a Liquid coolant leak repairer but it states to pour in the radiator cap. All I can find in the engine bay is the coolant resorvoir. Does the vehicle have a radiator cap or do you just pour the fluid in the resorvoir?

Bertha Seise
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  john c. replied 8 years ago.



if the cap on the resivor is a presurized cap. that is where you pour it. if its a simple plastic cap. then there should be another cap somewhere. look on the cap and see if it has 16psi or something of that nature on it. if it does. then thats the one you pour it in.


hope this helps, let me know if i can further assist you.



john c.

john c. and 2 other Car Specialists are ready to help you