Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

how do u change the wipers on the geo storm of 1993

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
7/1/2009
Auto Mechanic: kpatterson, Experienced Auto Repair replied 8 years ago
kpatterson
kpatterson, Experienced Auto Repair
I have sent you how to remove the wiper blade for your car, but i have also sent you different types of wiper blades that are compitable with your car, as I am sure if you have the stock one, or after market wiper blade. There are steps and some pictures to help you. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks.

To replace just the wiper blades, grab hold of the assembly and pivot it away from the windshield. Once the arm is moved to its maximum position, it should stay there until it is pivoted back to the windshield. Doing this will allow you to easily replace the wiper blades without damaging the vehicle's paint or glass. There are three basic designs of wiper blade inserts.
graphic
To determine which one will work on your vehicle, carefully look at your wiper assembly. Remove the old insert and install the new one.

Most often wiper blades are replaced as an assembly. There are several different methods used to secure the blades to the wiper arm.
graphic

Examples of the different ways windshield wiper blades are secured to the wiper arm.

1. One common type is the bayonet connector, which has a small round dimple on its top that fits into a hole to help hold the blade assembly on the arm. There is either a spring catch or a lever on the under side of the arm that is release to disengage the dimple from the hole.
  2. Another style uses a pin connector.
  3. Other styles include the inner lock connector, the screw-type connector, the shallow hook connector, and the shepherd's crook connector.
  4. Most replacement blades come with the necessary adapters to secure the blade to the arm.
kpatterson
kpatterson, Experienced Auto Repair
kpatterson
kpatterson
kpatterson, Experienced Auto Repair