Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

What could cause my ls to build up pressure and overheat

what could cause my ls to build up pressure and overheat
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 8 years ago.
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer.

Amy if your vehicle is overheating it can be several things. Some times a minor coolant leak is to blame where it looses its coolant, and overheats. Other times the fans will fail to operate and cause overheating. The cooling system can get dirty inside too where it cant effectively dissipate the heat. The problem could be much worse like a bad head gasket. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is when you have a problem like this it is best to get it checked out by a pro. The cooling system can have a number of problems and a trained professional can spot these problems where others cant. Also if you have any more questions pleas reply with the make, year, and model of vehicle you have. The engine size too if you know it. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the coolant is at a full level it slowly started this problem. once driving and the engine gets to the point where the temp should be coming up. The gauge will start flickering and gradually mover towards hot and the engine will loose power.

I would suggest getting it flushed out, and if the radiator is real dirty I would get the radiator "rodded Out" at a radiator shop. You should have the operation of your cooling fan checked out too. These two things are the cause of almost all of the overheating problems that you will see. Also you have to be careful letting the engine get hot, it can do damage if it gets to hot. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.