Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander: the shocks..squeaking noise..bushings

Customer Question

I need to change the shocks on my 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. How do I get to the top of the shock to do that. We also have squeaking noise and I think it is the bushings on the top of the shock. Can you give me some information on this?   Carl
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
Ok there should be an acees panel in the rear panels each side should be able to pop the covers off and get to the nuts also i would change the bushings witht the new shocks there are also know problems with bad u joints on these cars which sounds almost like a squeaky bed
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The problem is I can't seem to find out how to pop off the covers. I don't want to break anything. Can you suggest the best way to pop these panels off?
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
Are they little plastic covers on the side panels in the very rear
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I didn't see any. It is all one piece that covers the wheel well and the whole side.
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
Ok give me a second to look
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Have you checked on this for me?
Expert:  Tom replied 8 years ago.
Yes it looks like you need to pull those rear panels back there are held on with clips and they usually pop right out sometimes a clip or 2 will break but if you pry to hard you can break the crack the entire panel if you would like ill release the lock on the question so you can get exact directions if someone has them
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please do release the lock on the question to get exact directions. Thank you.