oliver
oliver, Technician
Experience:  schooled, trained, worked in industry for years. specialize in the odd issues
18887848

Left turn signal stays on on display............. right..flashers

Customer Question

left turn signal stays on on display............. right doesn't work, but flashers do
Category: Car
Expert:  oliver replied 8 years ago.

you have dual element bulbs and would be the likely place to start they are wired in series, so when one goes it messes with both and will cause what you have. the flashers still work because the other elements are still good. if ok make sure your flasher element, harleys usually with the fuses

If i helped please accept, if you need more info please reply before accepting...

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
all the bulbs are good............. like I said only dual in front single in rear......that is not the problem
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Expert:  oliver replied 8 years ago.
your switch needs tested, once its open it has testing spots already accessible on the inside to be checked for power with test light. this is done to find out if the switch is bad, or if there is a bad wire. bad wires on harleys are common, they use to small of wire that only lasts so long before bilding resistance and failing. check all plugs for corrossion and bent or broken wires. having worked on quite a few over the years these wiring issues are very commonon harleys ducatis and suzuki. has the flasher element been checked? if you can not hear or feel it is not working.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't see test spots.........no spots at all, looks sealed to me