joe
joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed technician foreign and domestic
14074217

i have a 2004 mazda rx8 and my power steering light is on and

i have a 2004 mazda rx8 and my power steering light is on and its hard for me to drive any idea what it is ?
Category: Car
Expert:  joe replied 8 years ago.

check your power steering fluid and make sure it is topped off, otherwise you may have a faulty pump or rack.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well there's noway to check my power steering fluid the mazda rx8 has an electric power steering ive check the fuse its good but i cant find the power steering pumb i dont know where it is
Expert:  joe replied 8 years ago.
after further research for this vehicle, it appears that you may have a faulty EPS.(electronic power steering control module. now just like diagnostic trouble codes there is a scan tool to scan the EPS for trouble codes, I will have to be scanned in order to find out the problem, I included a diagram that will show you exactly where it is located, and if you wanted to inspect it for power continuity there is a 1 volt refferencegraphic