Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

engine problem...car is started it revs..5 speed manual..automatic

i am having a engine problem. when the car is started it revs up and down own its own. it is a 5 speed manual and when gear it goes on its own. like an automatic. is this a computer problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Any check engine lights?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.

The problem is most likely a fauly Intake Air Control motor or engine coolant temp sensor. Here is a location picture of each, but if your check engine light is on you can drive to a local parts store and retrieve the code. Then I'd be able to give you more info. But if no engine light it is probably one of the above two things. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks.

graphic

graphic