Car

2003 Alero: SURE ENOUGH..A NEW HORN AT THE DEALER REPLACED…

Customer Question
2003 Alero I JUST BROUGHT...
2003 Alero I JUST BROUGHT MY ALERO IN JANUARY AND ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I WAS WOKEN UP BY MY SECURITY SAYING MY HORN WAS GOING OFF, I WENT OUTSIDE AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS WEIRD IT WAS GOING OFF SO I TOOK OUT THE FUSE AND I ENDED UP GETTING BUYING A NEW HORN AT THE DEALER REPLACED THE OLD HORN AND NOW THE NEW HORN DID THE SAME PROBLEM WHY????... Read full answer
2003 Alero I JUST BROUGHT MY ALERO IN JANUARY AND ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I WAS WOKEN UP BY MY SECURITY SAYING MY HORN WAS GOING OFF, I WENT OUTSIDE AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS WEIRD IT WAS GOING OFF SO I TOOK OUT THE FUSE AND I ENDED UP GETTING BUYING A NEW HORN AT THE DEALER REPLACED THE OLD HORN AND NOW THE NEW HORN DID THE SAME PROBLEM WHY????
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Car
4/20/2009
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 years ago
Pete, Technician
Hello,one of my fellow coworkers had the same problem on his alero,I will speak to him today to see what he did to fix his car,Ill get back to you about this,Thanks Pete
LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET THE ANSWER BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHA'TS WRONG WITH IT THANKS AGAIN,
Hello again sorry for the long wait,if it was just your horn going off and not your exterior lights flashing this was the same as my coworkers car and he ended up replacing the horn relay in the underhood fuse box,it was just intermittently sticking on and causing his horn to go off.You can try this also you can remove a relay that has the same part number on it and swap them to see if your horn continues to go off if it doesnt then you would know for sure that this is what it is and then you can replace it.Thanks Pete
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Mitsubishi 2003 magna 6 cylinder sedan, car alarm keeps
Mitsubishi 2003 magna 6 cylinder sedan , car alarm keeps going off. When the alarm goes of the fob don't work or you put the key in the door and turn the key it doesn't disable the alarm until it has … read more
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
Technician,
Subaru: Hi Kevin, I have a subaru legacy 2004 sedan GT. car
Hi Kevin, I have a subaru legacy 2004 sedan GT. car sudeenly cut out whilst coming to a stop at the traffic lights. When I turn ignition on- all lights in dash are ok, when I try and crank all the lig… read more
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
Technician,
Horn..My husband has rushed out, driven the car off to a non
Horn (or alert system) has gone off during the night twice this past week--very upsetting to us and to neighbors, needless to say. My husband has rushed out, driven the car off to a non-residential ar… read more
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
Stop searching for answers—
1998 Isuzu Amigo: v6, 5-speed..horn..steering wheel..pull
I have a 1998 Isuzu Amigo, v6, 5-speed. It is 1:30 in the morning and I have already been woken up twice by a neighbor and the police because the horn suddenly goes off like someone is pressing down o… read more
Lead mech,
Some college
2003 oldsmobile alero: it idles..something serious? the steering wheel
I have a 2003 oldsmobile alero that shakes when it idles.. is that something serious? the steering wheel really shakes bad.. thanks… read more
Mike S.
Mike S.
Towed..the dianostic machine and could find anything wrong with it
About a month and a half ago my car would not start. i had it towed, mechanic hooked it up to the dianostic machine and could find anything wrong with it. He did get it to start. So about three weeks … read more
rashawn
rashawn
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
2001 Olds Alero: doesnt start..Took it to a repair shop.
My granddaughter has a 2001 Olds Alero. It doesn't start. Took it to a repair shop. Stated it was the fuel pump. FP had been replaced 1year ago. He changed the fuses around and it started and was good… read more
Technician,
General auto certifications
2003 Hyundai Elantra: the blower motor for the last 2 months
I own a 2003 Hyundai Elantra liftback. I have had trouble with the blower motor for the last 2 months. Occasionally the motor would not go on when I started up the car. This occured after I had been d… read more
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator,
2007 santa fe: factory alarm..alarm went..the alarm on my fob
my 2007 santa fe factory alarm went off today when I just opened my door. I don't have the alarm on my fob, just an old fashioned key. I shut the door, it stopped, then started up again. Once I locked… read more
mike
mike
Bmw master tech 9 years,
is yet but i just phoned seat and asked them to give me the value
i brought a car 3 months ago and paid 13000, the car was stolen last week and written off by the people that stole it, i no my insurance company will only pay the market value for the car but havent t… read more
Jason
Jason
ASE Certified Technician,
1999 Alero: salvage yard..dash lights wont come..else works..fuses
I have a 1999 Alero, just installed a factory radio I got from the salvage yard. Don''t know if that has anything to do with the fact that the dash lights won''t come on, everthing else works. Check a… read more
twrrob
twrrob
1999 Mazda 626 LX: 44,000 + miles..passenger side..left turn..Car horn
I have a 1999 Mazda 626 LX with 44,000 + miles. Was hit about 8 weeks ago on the passenger side of the car next to the light when a driver suddenly made a left turn in front of me. Car horn started ac… read more
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed
Lead Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
2003 oldsmobile alero: 73,000 miles..security light..dies..mechanics
Hello, I have a 2003 oldsmobile alero with 73,000 miles on it. For the past year, the security light turns on for approximately 10 minutes and it turns back off again, and I have noticed that after th… read more
Auto Technician,
1999 Olds Alero: rpms..power locks..keyless entry..malfunction
I have a 1999 Olds Alero I went to start it the other day it starts up and the rpms go up and then it just shut off. Also the power locks wont work and either will the keyless entry. Woundering if it … read more
RIP
RIP
Lead Technician,
2000 olds alero: come loose..another fuse..driver side panel..blinkers
i have a 2000 olds alero i took it in to have the dash changed and when recieved back the horn did not work anymore , could something have come loose or is their another fuse besides the one on the dr… read more
Davo
Davo
Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop,
2003 alero: my electric mirror..Could that run my battery down?
I have a 2003 alero and the battery is not staying charged since my electric mirror got riped off my car two weeks ago. Could that run my battery down?… read more
Wydranator
Wydranator
Retired Corrections officer,
2003 Buick Regal: whirring sound..000 miles.. of the tires
I have a whirring sound (like mmm-mmm-mmm-mmm) in the back end of the car. My car is a 2003 Buick Regal, 40,000 miles and probably the original tires. The dealer who sold it to me thinks it could be "… read more
Geordie
Geordie
Mobile Mechanic,
Ceritficate of Pre-Vocational Educa
Ford F-250: this if I pressed the horn it sounded normal..stutter
My horn on my Ford F-250 started to go off with a stuttering sound. While doing this if I pressed the horn it sounded normal. Once released it went back to a stutter. Finally the fuse blew on the horn… read more
HDGENE
HDGENE