Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

05 subaru: I put water

I put water in my '05 subaru battery for the first time since buying my car. This is new to me I have always just bought a new one and put it in. Do I have to replace the battery or just adding water will do?
Hi there! Is the battery dead?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, car would not start yesterday. The water was low and I put distilled water to the level and drove 4 hour trip home. Now this morning it started but took a couple turn over but did start. Does it need replaced? I have never had a battery like this. When they died I just went and got a new one and replaced it.
Based on your dewscription it does sound like the battery is getting weak. I would start by having the battery and charging system tested. Most of the parts stores will do this at no charge and then tell you if the battery passes. I say to have it tested because there is really no way to tell how long the battery needed water. Hope this helps! Please reply if needed, thanks