Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I need help with my !

Customer Question
994 oldsmobile 88...
I need help with my ! 994 oldsmobile 88
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
4/1/2009
Auto Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

hi

the engine dieing ..may be caused by the crank sensor...i think the dinging happens after engine has died...if you have any engine codes..please give them to me ..so i can further assist you

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do .it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

No the ding does not hapen after it dies it happens before it dies. I have no engine codes to give you the check engine light does nto even come on. So Now I am really confused!

ok

i will opt out and let another one of our guys handle this that may have seen this before

thanks

Ok well aprreciate your time if anyone can help me it would be great!
Auto Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

hello, your vehicle is equipped with a "chime module" that will send off a chime like the lights are on, door open etc even with no oli pressure, low oil pressure, low fuel, low coolant, no coolant, running hot etc. the chime may sound different for each. Are there ANY lights coming on dash or any guage that is not reading correct when this happens?

Nothing acts up at all it just starts to chime and than it willeither just cut there car off or go away. I am really confused I have tried everything I know I even messed with ignition switch.
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician