Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

How do i remove the driver side interior door panel on a Chrysler

2002 Sebring Convertable Limited edition?...
How do i remove the driver side interior door panel on a Chrysler 2002 Sebring Convertable Limited edition?
3/21/2009
KBB
KBB, Technician

Hello i'm working on your question and you want to remove the interior door panel. I will post removal and installation procedure below for you.

Front Door Trim Panel
Notes

REMOVAL

Roll door glass down.
Disengage two clips attaching speaker grille to door trim panel. They are at the front of the grille, one near the top, and the other one at the bottom.

graphic

Remove three large washer-headed screws surrounding the speaker.

graphic

Remove access cover at front of door trim panel. Remove by prying at its rear edge.
Remove red courtesy reflector from lower tail or door. Disengage by prying at screwdriver notch at bottom of reflector.
Remove flag trim panel from door by prying off at two attachment clips points.
Remove seven screws attaching door trim panel to door.
One screw is located at lower rear screw pocket.
Three screws located along the bottom of door.
One screw located inside handle opening.
One screw located at the upper front.
One screw in the pull cup.
Disengage two hidden clips attaching at the rear of the trim panel, by prying off at two attachment clip points.
Lift trim panel upward and away from door, disengage trim panel from upper retainer channel.
Disengage clip attaching latch linkage to back door handle.
Disconnect electrical connectors as necessary, including lower foot light, If equipped.
Remove door trim panel from door.
INSTALLATION

Position door trim panel near to door.
Connect electrical connectors as necessary, including foot light, if so equipped.
Engage clip attaching latch linkage to inside door handle.
Lift the door trim slightly to get the lock knob into its bezel opening on the panel.
Place front portion of upper trim strip flange into retainer channel, while seating white forward locator pin into mating hole in sheetmetal at front of door.
Drive screw into forward locator cup.
With rear of panel slightly lifted, engage remainder of trim strip flange into retainer channel, working from front to back, pressing down firmly.
Engage two hidden clips attaching rear of door trim to their mating (green) grommet holes in the door. Press the rear of the panel firmly in toward the door, listening for engagement clicking sounds at BOTH of the clips.
Install seven screws attaching door trim panel to door.
One screw in the pull cup.
One screw located at the upper front.
Snap screw covers closed.
Install three large washer headed screws surrounding the speaker.
Install speaker grille by first engaging rear edge hinge flaps to mating slots, then pressing grille on to seat the two clips at front.
Install red courtesy reflector by first engaging rear edge hinge flaps to mating slots, then snap front in to position.
Install access cover at front of door trim panel. First engage slots at front, then snap in at rear edge.
Place flag trim panel into position and engage clips.
Close door window.

Do i need a special tool to remove the clips?

Usually if you have a flat bladed tool like a screwdriver and you insert underneath the door panel and give it a quick snap they will pop out. They do have a special tool for removing door panels it's flat with a small u cut out in the center of it. I some times use them but have more luck with a screw driver my self. You can go to your local auto parts stor and they should have one.

KBB
KBB, Technician
You are the best!! Your instructions were great!!
Your welcome thanks for using just answer.
KBB
KBB
KBB, Technician