Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2009 porsche c4s uses an excessive amount of oil. I have…

Customer Question
My 2009 porsche c4s uses...
My 2009 porsche c4s uses an excessive amount of oil. I have to add approximately one half quart of 0-40 mobile 1 synthetic every 400-500 miles. Is this normal. After owning an 2008 c4s the oil consumption is off the charts. There is also a black sutty residue on the exhausts on each side. My care is an PDK automatic, has the sport and sport plus chrono feature. Is it just my imagination or is this excessive oil use? Do I need to have it checked. It is still under warranty and has 6000 miles on it.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2009
Auto Mechanic: John Hicks, Technician replied 9 years ago
John Hicks
John Hicks, Technician
that much oil consumption is high. Since the car is under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. Have them do a compression check and a cylinder leak down test.
John Hicks
John Hicks, Technician
John Hicks
John Hicks
John Hicks, Technician