Wally
Wally, Technician
Experience:  I have been in the automobile industry for 35+ years. Experienced in Foreign and Domestic cars.
16016160

trying to find out what fault code U0600 and U0D00 is car

Customer Question

trying to find out what fault code U0600 and U0D00 is??? car is 1999 hyundai sonata will not pass i/m test due to too many monitors test not completed??? Have factory requirements for drive cycles but can't figure out what thes 2 reaccuring codes are
Category: Car
Expert:  Wally replied 8 years ago.
Hello, I'm Wally. Let me try to help you with this.

I think that these codes are some kind of invalid data codes. My experience is that these codes were fixed by replacing the air flow meter.

If you find this information satisfactory, Please Accept.
Thanks, Wally
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry to get back to you so late. We have already swapped out MAF with known good one with no change??? Any othe rhelp would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Scott

Expert:  Wally replied 8 years ago.
Hello again,

I'm still trying to help you. Are you sure that the code was U0600?
The U codes only go up to U0431.
Code U0060 (Vehicle Communication Bus D (-) Open)

That could be something as simple as a blown fuse or a loose connector. Make sure that you have checked All the fuses.

Thanks, Wally
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh yeah. Thats the fun part. The code is a hard fault, returns immediately after clearing codes either by scanner or disconnecting battery. and both codes return U0600 and U0D00, All fuses test ok. I am trying to get this car to pass emmisions test and here in Connecticut there can only be a maximum of 2 readiness monitors not ready all others must be passes (2001 and newer you can only have 1) the catalyst oxygen sensor and componennt monitors will not test I have performed the appropriate drive cycles and can get the evap monitor to pass but not the other three???????
Expert:  Wally replied 8 years ago.
Hello again,

If I come up with sometjing I'll get back to you..

Thanks, Wally
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Wally replied 8 years ago.
CYA
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
at this point car is at dealer...... no codes in computer but still wont pass im test will update as information allows
Expert:  Wally replied 8 years ago.
Good Luck!