Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

92 Isuzu Pickup 2.3. Original Carburator missing. I bought

'92 Isuzu Pickup 2.3. Original Carburator missing. I bought a rebuilt feedback carb, but it has no terminal end, just wires. The six leads from the carburator are not color coded to the wiring harness. Can you tell me which wires go where?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 years ago.
This is going to be a bit difficult but can be done. I was looking at wiring diargam. There should be six wires. They should be grouped in groups of 2 or should I say, it appears maybe 3 things are controlled on carb requiring a ground and per each totalling 6 wires. Is this correct? Is it possible the reman carb wires are painted black allowing you to remove the piant with solvent?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You are correct. There are six wires. Two of the feed wires are 12 volt. One is ground, and the others seem to vary in voltage from .5 to 4.8. There are three devices on the carb that the wires seem to go to. I do not know which things are which, with the exception of the electric choke. If you can tell me the colors of the wires that feed the three divices on the carb and the location of the devices, that would be a huge help. The wiring colors on the remanufactured carb do not match the colors on the truck wiring harness. One terminal contains four wires, the other two wires. Does this help?
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 years ago.
I can send a schematic but it is hard. to read and may not copy paste on your end. Let me start by getting a list of wire colors from ecm to carb and the 3 devices or 2 since you know the chokel. back shortly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The four gang connector: 1. White/yellow - power 2. Light green
3. Blue   4. Blue/light brown ring
The two gang connector: 1. White/yellow - power 2. Light Green/Red stripe
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 years ago.

The diagrams are not great. The things I know now are wht/yell = slow cut solenoid

Blue = choke

blue = vent solenoid

aother wht.yello = duty solenoid

there may be a blue/yellow going to carb as well for throttle cut switch if ac

Expert:  Randall C replied 8 years ago.

If these pux come through great. If not, I will have to send to JA moderators as attachment and they will send to your email but can take some time

Engine Management (Part 1 of 6)

Part 1 of 6

Engine Management (Part 2 of 6)

Part 2 of 6

Engine Management (Part 3 of 6)

Part 3 of 6

Engine Management (Part 4 of 6)

Part 4 of 6

Engine Management (Part 5 of 6)

Part 5 of 6

Engine Management (Part 6 of 6)

Part 6 of 6