TheMasterTechSource
TheMasterTechSource, Senior Automotive Consultant
Experience:  ASE Master-37 YRS- Master Certified Tech and a Fixed Operations Specialist
102323

2000 Saturn: doors..the alarm causes the horn to chirp continuously

2000 Saturn SL2. When I press the lock key once on the remote, the doors all lock. Pressing it the second time to arm the alarm causes the horn to chirp continuously. Itwill chirp 30-40 times or more - I usually get in and start it and then relock it without setting the alarm. My wife says sometimes after chirping for a while - the alarm will actually go off - then it seems to reset itself and go quiet. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  TheMasterTechSource replied 8 years ago.
Is this a factory installed alarm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes this is a factory alarm
Please try to disconnect the vehicle battery for 3 minutes and then reconnect--Note; you may have to reset all your radio stations and clock
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'll go do that now. I'll respond again in 3 minutes or so.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No change. AFter reconnecting the battery, I unlocked the doors with the remote, started the engine, shut it off, and then exited and pressed the remote lock twice. The first press locked all doors, and the second chirped and then it kept chirping until I unlocked the doors (unlock didn't stop the chirping) and then started the engine - which stopped the chirping.

Yes, as I expected --Please make an appointment at your local Saturn dealer--he can test and reprogram the ECM and BCM's as needed!