UK MOTOR TRADER
UK MOTOR TRADER, Mechanic
Experience:  GARAGE OWNER 25 YRS MOTOR TRADE EXPERIENCE. INC FACTORY , ALL MAKES INC BMW AND JAGUAR
15205774

citroen saxo, does the key code alarm go back to the makers original

when a battery is removed from a citroen saxo, does the key code alarm go back to the makers original, or the last one stored, cannot get the engine to spark
Category: Car
Expert:  UK MOTOR TRADER replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer

As far as I'm aware the code should be the last one entered (your own code) before you changed the battery and can only be changed after entering that code, it does not reset to a factory setting as this would be to easy to overcome if the vehicle was stolen.

The only success I've had with these is to leave the ignition on for 1/2 an hour (don't try to enter the code), turn off then back on and enter your own code again as normal. If this doesn't work it will be a job for an auto electrician or a Citroen dealer.

It would be worth while phoning Citroen assist first even though the car is well out of warranty as they may be able to help although they will want to be sure they are talking to the vehicles rightful owner.

I hope this helps

Regards

Phil

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi phil

\thank you for your response, i will try this now and let you know in half an hour.

Cheers Cora