Chris Gast
Chris Gast, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have 6 years experience and am a ase master auto tech& i have recently started working on heavy eq.
16302546

2002 Mercury Cougar: 2.5 litre V6..fuel injection..check engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mercury Cougar, 2.5 Litre V6, DOHC. The car was running rough so it was taken in for a cleaning of the fuel injection. Afterwards, still running rough and check engine light is on. Engine not firing on #1 cylinder. Replaced coil pack, still not firing on cylinder #1. No spark coming from #1 lead on coil pack. Replaced coil pack again, still no spark coming from #1 lead on coil pack.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris Gast replied 8 years ago.
are u checking the spark at the coil pack or at the end of the spark plug wire?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
At the coil pack. All the other leads have spark.

u most likely have a bad crankshaft position sensor. the first thing u need to check is for any corrosion at the connector for the crankshaft sensor the connector is located near the front of the valve cover by the intake manifold on the back side of the engine.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. I'll give that a look and see what happens. :)
alright keep me informed