mastertech
mastertech, master technician shop foreman
Experience:  25 years experience mazda master technician shop foreman, please hit accept , many users do not pay
12017465

1994 mazda 626: that goes from the motor to the fender wall..gets hot

Hi I have a 1994 mazda 626. There is a small groung wire that goes from the motor to the fender wall. Every time I try to start it the wire gets hot and burns up and breaks. Do you have any ideas on the possible cause? Thank You, Christina
Category: Car
Expert:  hemimstrmax replied 8 years ago.
by goiing to the fenderwell u mean that thats where it has always went and got srewed into the federwell, cause if it is gettiing hot and burning up and breaking its got voltage on it
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not sure if its an origanal wire. It bolts on to the engine Then goes to the fender wall where it is bolted on. It melts the wire, starts smoking and wire will break before it can start
ok what does it do if uleave that wire unbolted?
Expert:  mastertech replied 8 years ago.
Sounds like you are missing the main ground wire from the negative battery terminal to the engine...........the starter draws alot of amperage to crank the engine and that small body ground can not handle it............the main ground for that engine is bolted to the top of the transmission............has anyone done some work in that area and maybe forgot to hook it back up?
Experience: 25 years experience mazda master technician shop foreman, please hit accept , many users do not pay
thats what i was tring to get to Master i was going to have them veryify first weather it was a groud wire or a hot wire