Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Need to reset the fobs on my 2003 se7 land Rover...new batteries..pete

Customer Question
Need to reset the fobs...
Need to reset the fobs on my 2003 SE7 Land Rover.. Purchased it from a dealer and they have not worked for last week.. What do I need to do.. Both have new batteries.. Thanks Pete
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car
2/1/2009
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

HiCustomer

It looks as if the dealer will have to recode it. Try this first, disconnect the battery for ten minutes and touch the (2) cable ends together for a few seconds. Then re-connect the battery after the (10) minutes is over and start the car and drive it for (15) minutes. Do key fob commands after the test drive re-train.

Thanks,

Hi Ron

Thanks for the info..

One other quick question b4 I try this...

In doing this will the radio secuirty need to be reset..

I can not find any sort of pin code for the radio..??

Pls advise b4 I attempt..

Thanks

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor