rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2003 Isuzu Rodeo: 100k miles..The next morning she drove it to work

My wife JUST purchased a 2003 Isuzu Rodeo with 100k miles on it. She drove it home, then we went for a drive together in it. The next morning she drove it to work and later in the day tried to start it, and nothing. She said that she heard a series of beeps when she removed the key. All signs seem to lead to the ATS (anti-theft sys.) Is this the issue? Why would it just happen to fail? Can I reset this without going to the dealer?

HiCustomer

Not sure you'll be able to do this one, but here's some information on the system you have.

Thanks,

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so do i need to 'replace' the controller or just reset it? I did not see any details on 'Registering the ID Code'

It needs to be reset, but by the dealer. They have a factory scan tool that they use to do it .

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for all your help. the only other question is, what causes this to happen. i don't wat to spend $120 plus tow fees and the same thing happen in a week. any ideas?

It may have happened with the battery change but can't be certain.

Thanks,