Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

My car is making a loud revving noise when I accelerate. It

My car is making a loud revving noise when I accelerate. It recently overheated and we had to replace the water pump and thermostat. What could this noise be?
the problem is a bad fan clutch, replace the fan clutch. good luck. i hope i helped and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

T-man ...

I was wondering how important the fan clutch is? Is the SUV drivable without a new fan clutch? Or should it be something I replace right away?

Thanks so much!

i would replace it asap. with the way they go out the engine will lose a little power and there may be a possibility of the engine overheating. good luck. and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN