Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Where is the remote keyless entry module located

where is the remote keyless entry module located

What is the year, make, model of your vehicle? Are you trying to change the module, or retreive the original factory code?

Its located behind the right rear qtr panel trim panel:

graphic

graphic

Ok, before accessing the module, first try reprogramming the transmitter. Below are full directions on re-programming, as well as full symptom and diagnostic test procedures:

Click to open and download> TESTING

The programming refers to the DLC(data link connector) and jumpering it. Below is diagram of DLC and the pin connector numbers:

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Holy cow ! I'm an electrical engineer but I am going to have my hands full reading and understanding all the information supplied ....fortunately, I have all weekend.

I will contact you, one way or another, when I get through my baptism of fire.

Thank you

Cal

If you run into a problem just come back and re-open this question and it will ppost directly to me.

Yeah, most people dont realize that mechanics are no longer simply mechanics. Most of us are in some type of class every couple of months to stay up on vehicles. We have to be part mechanic, part electrical engineer, part computer engineer, and sometimes part magician!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am the ultimate procrastinator...particularly if something is challenging...read "intimidating". Your attending classes reminds me of a consumer electronics repair shop I used to own. We were the warranty station for just about every manufacturer and every year each mfgr required a tech to attend a class. You go through the same thing with each mfgr, each model year, each line.

Wish me luck this weekend...