George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

how can i fix my 2003 saturn vue automatic transmission. when

how can i fix my 2003 saturn vue automatic transmission. when it warms up it doesent move, 2.2 motor
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 8 years ago.

Hello I can answer your question,

You will need to have the transmission computer scanned to check for codes however your symptoms point to the transmission case cover needing to be replaced. Removal and dissassembly of the transmission will be necessary to repair this problem.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this trans appears a bit different on this 03 what is your opinion of this trans,also to replace the cover does the whole thing have to come apart or is there a short cut,thanks George. steve
Expert:  George H. replied 8 years ago.

Yes the transmission is a CVT or Continuosly Variable Transmission which is built with a belt that rides on cones to take the place of fixed ratio gears that a common automatic transmission has.

It will have to come out for repair

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  George H. replied 8 years ago.
You are welcome