Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year ASE Master Technician Current GM technician
12642649

Driven my 98 suv bravada when i stop and park it has a tar smell

after i have driven my 98 suv brevada when i stop and park it has a tar smell
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Is there an oil leak on the car?

The Intake or an oil cooler line or the oil filter could be leaking on the Exhaust and causing the smell.
Also check the Exhaust system under the vehicle, make sure there is not a plastic bag melted to it. See this a lot.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

where the intake or oil cooler line where are they located,

Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
The oil cooler lines are on the left side of the engine by the oil pan and goes to the radiator.

The intake is on the top of the engine it normally leaks in the back above the transmission aand keaks down the side of the engine block and the side of the transmission. You have a exhaust pipe on both sides of the transmission that oil coild leak on.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

one more question if the oil filter is leaking,would that be because it wasn't put on the rightt way?