Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

2005 Legacy: no heat on the passenger side..Air is blowing cold.

I have no heat on the passenger side of my subaru 2005 Legacy wagon. Air is blowing cold.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

The most likely problem will be the temperature blend door actuator for the passenger side. What you might want to try is tapping on it with your finger tips and see if it will move.

Or, you can take it out and see if it is moving when you command it to. Also, make sure the blend door itself is moving freely while you have the actuator out.

Here are the steps for the actuators, you will want to check the passenger side, air mix

Actuator

REMOVAL

graphic

Actuator

1.MODE DOOR ACTUATOR
Disconnect the connector, remove the screw, and then remove the mode door actuator from heater and cooling unit.

graphic

.INTAKE DOOR ACTUATOR
Disconnect the connector, remove the screw, and then remove the intake door actuator from blower motor unit.

graphic

graphic

3.AIR MIX DOOR ACTUATOR (AUTO A/C MODEL)
Disconnect the connector, remove the screw, and then remove the air mix door actuator from heater and cooling unit.

INSTALLATION
Install in the reverse order of removal.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was unable to identify the actuator from the diagram. Is there a better clue to finding it?
Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.

It is under the dash, You might need to remove the lower trim, (hush) panel to get to it better, here is another locator for the HVAC components.

graphic

graphic