Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 91 eldorado security system is killing the battery, how…

Customer Question
hello, my 91 eldorado security...
hello, my 91 eldorado security system is killing the battery, how can i diable the security permanently.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
10/19/2008
Auto Mechanic: Glenn, Technician/Trainer replied 9 years ago
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Glenn.

I'm sorry to say that I doubt that the factory installed security system is responsible for killing your battery. Why do you think that?

A question? How old is your battery?

the battery is new, not even a month old.

there is a security light on the dash, before when you would activate the alarm or open and shut the door the light would flash and then go out, but now no matter what you do the light either stays on or flashes continuosly.

Thank you for the additional information.

In order to give you accurate advice, it's important to provide as much detail as possible when posting your request for assistance.

In order to determine if the security alarm was killing the battery, I would check the electrical system with an inductive ammeter. Maximum key off draw after the vehicle sits for 1 hour is 60 mA. If you don't have access to this kind of equipment, trying to determine the cause of a draw on a battery is guesswork at best.

I'll opt out here and perhaps another expert will provide the answer you are looking for.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

thanks, ***** ***** not have access to the ammeter.

No problem... your question has been returned to the queue.

ok. thank you.