How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ASEtech Your Own Question
ASEtech, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 553
Experience:  Air, Electrical, Drivetrain, Computer, Drivabuility, Brakes, Suspension, Performance.
Type Your Car Question Here...
ASEtech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1999 Grand Am: power windows..plastic pieces..metal guides..cables

Resolved Question:

1999 Grand Am, power windows, driver side window fell down, how do I hook it back up to the raising and lowering machinism? I've had it apart and installed the plastic pieces on the bottom of the glass that attach to the metal guides that keep the window straight, but how do I attach the cables for raising the window?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  ASEtech replied 8 years ago.
My advise to you is to not play around with this too much. Napa Auto parts sells remanufactured window regulators as a one peice install. Get yourself a new regulator install it, return the core and call it a day. Leave the rebuilding to the folks that do it for a living. This is the easiest answer to your problem and is a guarenteed fix.


Most shops do it this way, even the dealerships I have worked for. It saves you the headache of dealing with more old parts breaking after you make the repairs.

Thanks for visiting JustAnswer.

ASEtech and 4 other Car Specialists are ready to help you