Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

How to fix a cylender misfire on a 2000 chrysler lhs

Customer Question
how to fix a cylender misfire on a 2000 chrysler lhs
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
10/1/2008
Auto Mechanic: MR. FIX IT, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
MR. FIX IT
MR. FIX IT, Mechanic
try cleaning the distibuter cap also check all wires and make sure there not broke and that there secure by all the wires i mean plug wires and injector wires
not helpful i've already did do u have another advice and my trans mission is not shifting and its showing codes p0700,p0731,p0732,

how many miles are on it

while i look into the trans what all have you done to try and fix the misfire

is your speedomiter working

the transmission had 60 000 miles when i replaced it in january 07 i've driven for 27000 miles so but yesterday it started not shifting when i start driving its shift but when i stop for the stop light it goes like googk then it stop shifting and stays in one speed for the misfire i have cleaned the cap and the spark plugs it was no broken ones but the transmission i don't know if i need to chance the output sensor or the whole transmission the computer reading gave theses codes p0300 to p0306,and p0700to p0734

your pcm might be bad (the computer)
did all this happen at the same time if you have all thoses codes on the transmisiion you got more than one sensor tripping

heres a list of possibilitys for the missfire

• Faulty spark plugs or wires
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
  • Faulty fuel injector(s)
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
  • Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer

and the only thing that links the two together is the computer try taking one from aneather car and just testing it and see what happens but thats what its sounding like

im sure you know whatthe codes mean but if you need i can tell you what they all are

is it the engine computer or the transmission computer can you be more specific and all theses codes poped up at the same time
the engine computer and the transmission computer are the same computer it is the pcm (protective controll modual)
so if its bad can it still be able to read errors

yes, if its bad it will give you the codes.

when they go bad they send false signals to the the parts of the car that controll how it runs causing it to act up and giving other codes

i will go and check that in the morning where is it located on the 2000 lhs

not sure but theres only a few places they put them one is behind the dash in the center near the floor aneather is behind the kick panel on the passenger side or under the dash drivers side i can find out tomarrow and let you know for sure
its normally silver box about 8in by 8in and about 1-2 in thick

ok could find out and get back with me tomorrow please and i will go and checktoo and thanks i apraciate your help now i've got an idea of what to look for
no problem you might have to remind me in the morning but ill try to remember
hey how u doing ?
did you ever get a chance to find out where the tcm is located cause i've seen 2 computers in mine a big one and a little be the small can you tell me wich one is so i can see if thats the one causing problems
is there sombody else online to answer my question
MR. FIX IT
MR. FIX IT
MR. FIX IT, Mechanic