JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH 30+ YRS FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS AND TRANSMISSION REPAIRS.
9638808

I have a 1993 Miata. The cruise control stopped working and

I have a 1993 Miata. The cruise control stopped working and blue plastic circular shaped plastic parts with a green pin fell on the floor. The brake stop lights still work. I have looked at several parts suppliers - I can only find brake light/cruise switches PN - BR7066490A. Looking under the dash I do not see where the parts came from. The clutch switch looks ok. Please provide info to fix the problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 9 years ago.
    This sounds like a cruise switch. Your system however has self diagnostic capabilities. I will send you a diagram on how to pull the codes. It will even run a check on itself to tell you what is not working. After you pull the codes, follow the chart for repairs. Then you will know what that part really is. I hope this helps you.  Thanks, Joegraphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What is the Mazda part number for the cruise switch you mention? Where is it located? Is it the combination brake/cruise switch? How do you run the self test and pull the codes? Whiuch switch has blue/green parts?
Expert:  JOES SHOP replied 9 years ago.
I sent you the diagram with how to pull the codes. You can't identify a part by colors. Don't assume any bad switches, check what I asked so you can find the problem. It will take some checking on your part. Thanks, Joe