OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic
9051600

2001 COROLLA: 000 MILES..IDLES..NUMBER 3 COIL BUT IT..INJECTOR

I HAVE A 2001 COROLLA WITH 230,000 MILES ON IT THAT HESITATES STARTING WHEN IT IS COLD. IF I TURN IT OFF THEN TRY AGAIN IT STARTS AND IDLES BETTER BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR IT PULSATES WHEN STOPPED AND MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE A MECHANIC CHANGED THE NUMBER 3 COIL BUT IT IS STILL RUNNING ROUGH COULD IT BE AN INJECTOR AND IF SO IS THERE ANYWAY TO TELL
Category: Car
Expert:  OnlineHelp replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

It is likely that it's either an injector problem or fuel delivery problem. I would suggest that you start by running some seafoam through the system. Then replace the fuel filter. You can check if the injectors are working by doing a noid test. This will check if the injectors are working.

If that checks out fine you may need to have them removed and tested.