Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

Idles TERRIBLY. Auto Zone trouble codes P1132, P1152, ...

Customer Question

Idles TERRIBLY. Auto Zone trouble codes P1132, P1152, P0174, P0171, P0401. I have replaced the EGR valve, with no change. What would be the next logical step?
Also analyzed by newest portable diagnostic computer from Mac Tools, the Taskmaster. It did a full diagnostic, even checking the power steering pressure, and at one point did something in the diagnostic that made the engine run noticeably better - almost normal. But when it was finished, it basically came back with the same information that was displayed be the care computer codes listed above. Can you help?
Submitted: 9 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

It looks like you have two problems. The dtc P0401 is most like cuased by a faulty DPFE sensor and possibly clogged EGR passages. The other codes are lean codes most likely from a vacuum leak. This is also causing your car to idle bad. Those cars had problems with the vacuum hoses and tees swelling and leaking. You should try spraying the intake and vacuum lines with carb cleaner. If the rpm changes or the engine runs different then you found the area of the leak.

Hopefully this answers your question and you accept. Positive feedback is appreciated and please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.