Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2003 acura: battery went dead..I bought this car used and the manual

Customer Question
My 2003 acura battery went...
My 2003 acura battery went dead. When I replaced it ,my Bose radio will not come on .I bought this car used and the manual said I need to punch in a code no. I do not have a code no or a serial number for the radio. Help!!!!!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
8/1/2008
Auto Mechanic: OnlineHelp, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

In order to retrive the code you can call the acura dealer and see if they will give it to you at no charge. They will require the radio serial number, which can be retrive like this:

Type 1

Acura

Radio unlock procedure

SECTION 2.B.

With key in the "on" position:

• Press preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.

• Turn on radio.

• An 8 digit serial number will appear on display. (if stereo was locked up at the time).

• NOTE: Example, If your display indicates L512 3 U123 5

You must enter your radio serial# XXXXX the order form below:

• EXACTLY AS YOU SEE IT ON YOUR RADIO DISPLAY

• IN THE PROPER ORDER

• Be sure to include the "smaller" digits!

• Write this number down, as you will need this number for form below.

Or

Type 2

Acura

SECTION 3.B.

• Your vehicle requires that you remove the radio from the vehicle in order to retrieve your radio's serial number.

If the dealer does not want to give you the code you can purchase the code for $28.99 from this site:

http://www.radio-code.com/Acura-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic