ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

where is the starter located on a 1994 nissan sentra 1.6 engine

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

It is located on the front lower side of the Engine, under the Intake Air Duct, bolted up to the Transmission Bell Housing.
graphic
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Don't forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to JHoop's Post: NO IT ISNT
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
I have a 1994 Nissan Sentra XE with a 1.6 L Engine in it sitting in my Garage right now. Before I answered I went and looked at where the Starter is located.

I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. Thanks, JHoop.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I LOOKED AT THE PIC U POSTED AND WENT OUT TO THE CAR I PUULED THE TOP COVER AND BOTTOM OF TNE AIR INTAKE OFF IT WASNT THERE I EVEN LOOKED UNDER THE ACR PULLED THE LEFT FT. WHEEL OFF NUTHIN
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 9 years ago.
Standard or automatic transmission?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: IT IS AUTOMATIC

JHOOP, must have a standard in his shop.

For the automatic, you will have to get under the car. It is up top on the engine side of the transmission bellhousing.

You will need the car up on ramps or jackstands.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
INFRONT OF THE WHEEL OR BEHIND

IT should be in the back of the engine bolted to the transmission bellhousing on the firewall side of the engine.

That would be behind the wheel. BUT you HAVE to get under the car to get to it.

JHoop helped out on this one...

Here is the EXACT LOCATION of the starter...You should be able to figure it out from there: