Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Just shut off while driving down the road, and it will not restart
jon_050
jon_050, auto mechanic
my car just shut off while driving down the road, and it will not restart? All of the belts are turning, and the starter is trying to engage… read more
1995 buick riviera: driving down..the road just shuts off
david
david, Heavy Duty Repair Mechanic
1995 buick riviara driving down the road just shuts off. Turns over fine but will not start. what is the problem? Optional Information: 1995 Buick riviara 6cyl. Already Tried: let it sit for 10 min an… read more
Driving down the road and the cars shut off, lights dimmed
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
Driving down the road and the cars shut off, lights dimmed and it required a jump just to get going again. few minutes down the road it did the same thing. … read more
1987 oldsmobile toronado: going down the road and it just shut off
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
we have a 1987 oldsmobile toronado we were going down the road and it just shut off. It wants to start. what could be wrong? check engine light remanis on we have fuel and spark what could it be?… read more
1995 saab 900: shuts down..road and restart..It may run..100-150 miles
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
1995 saab 900 runs fine and then all of a sudden shuts down completely. I can pull off the road and restart and it will run fine. It may run fine for 100-150 miles before it does it again. There are n… read more
hyundai santa fe: can be driving along the road..10 mins..restart
Rcmslm
Rcmslm, owner of small engine shop
its a hyundai santa fe i can be driving along the road and it shut down for about 5 to 10 mins and restart and shut off again no one can find the problem can u help or have a i deal… read more
The car started shutting..going down..security light..ignition module
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
The car started shutting off going down the road. The security light would come on, and it would just shut off. The shop said it needed a new computer and or an ignition module. I replaced both, still… read more
2010 SRX diesels when shut off. It quit going down the road,
Matt, Engineer
2010 SRX diesels when shut off. It quit going down the road, rolled to a stop and it restarted, It quit again this am apparently I was going fast enough it re-fired on its own after a backfire … read more
1995 pontiac grand am: runs fine..stalls..cools down..oil level
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
1995 pontiac grand am runs fine then i shut off and it restarts but stalls and then wont restart till it cools down thought it may be oil level sensor?… read more
I have a 1995 ford 250 5.8 litter it bogs down going down
Dan, Dealership Technician
i have a 1995 ford 250 5.8 litter it bogs down going down the road and then gets it power off and on.when it bogs down i can press on the gas pedel more and it straightens up and gets its power.i have… read more
kia sephia: driving my..somtimes..continue driving..fuel pump
Fuhrmeister
Fuhrmeister, High School or GED
while driving my kia sophia jerks somtimes, I can pull off the road and shut down for a few min and continue driving, it has started to increase in frequency and thought it might be the fuel pump, rep… read more
2000 B3000: 4x4..going down..awhile & does the same thing, I..tail
Daniel, Lead mech
Hi, got a 2000 B3000 auto, 4x4 going down the road just shuts down. pop it in nutrul, & restart it goes for awhile & does the same thing, I have a few ideas but, looking for some insight so, I dont ch… read more
2003 Kia Sedona: going down..road..start right back..no engine code
Lil Hammer
Lil Hammer, Master technician/state inspector
2003 Kia Sedona going down the road at any speed it will shut down and lose all power. Shut it off and it will start right back up Doesnt do it all the time and no engine code or lights… read more
MERCURY villager: HEADLIGHTS..FEW SECONDS..TURN SIGNAL DIMMER wiper
Jerry, Master Mechanic
WE HAVE A MERCURY VILLIAGER, 1996 WHILE WE ARE DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD THE HEADLIGHTS GO OFF FOR A FEW SECONDS TO A FEW MINUTES. WE REPLACED THE TURN SIGNAL DIMMER WIPER SWITCH. THAT DIDNT WORK ANY SUGGES… read more
Driving down road and truck just shut off pulled into
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
Driving down road and truck just shut off pulled into parking lot tried restarting ran sluggish for a few seconds then died again and would not start again but this morning starts fine… read more
2001 ford taurus: somewhere..about 10 min..restart..it stalls
HDGENE
HDGENE, auto mechanic
I have a 2001 ford taurus, it has started acting up, when I drive it , stop somewhere and turn it off, and then try to start it back up, it takes about 10 min to be able to restart it, or it starts bu… read more
dodge avenger: when I am driving down the road my car
Dan, Automotive Technician
I have a dodge avenger 1999. and when I am driving down the road my car with just shut off. But in a few hours my car will start again. what can that be? When I try to start my car back after it shuts… read more
1990 chrysler lebaron: wont start..going down..positive side of coil
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
my 1990 chrysler lebaron won't start.used to just shut off going down the road, then it would start after a couple of minutes have replaced the auto shut off relay and the ignition relay. can't get po… read more