Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Steve
Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
My car engine..really hot..sporadically..indicator reads normal
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My car engine automatically gets really hot when I turn the engine on. The indicator isn't constant though, and tends to go up and down sporadically. When I turn the car off and turn the key so just t… read more
Stereo..it started by popping the clutch, car tries to die to where I
DoctorD
DoctorD, Retired Auto Shop Owner
Car tries to start, lights inside car are on. Stereo shorts and turns on and off. When I finally get it started by popping the clutch, car tries to die to where I constantly have to keep my foot on th… read more
cranks..shuts..I turn the key, the feul pump makes the initial humming
Alex
Alex, Automotive Technician
I can't get my car to start--when I turn the key it cranks but wont't turn over and if it finally starts it immediately shuts off. We thought it was the fuel pmup, but when I turn the key, the feul pu… read more
engine started..stopped working..needed coolant..my temperature gauge
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
Yesterday, my car's engine started smoking and the heat stopped working. I figured it just needed coolant, even though my temperature gauge wasn't in the red. It's an older car, I thought maybe the ga… read more
2003 Tiburon: wont start..interior of the car gets hot..shakes..dies
Tim West
Tim West, Service Manager
My 2003 Tiburon wont start in warm weather when the interior of the car gets hot. The car will turn over and will even attempt to start with starter fluid but shakes really bad then dies. It runs just… read more
1995 Honda Accord LX: My breaklights stay on, even though my car
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I own a 1995 Honda Accord LX. My breaklights stay on, even though my car is completely turned off.… read more
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe: the car wouldnt go above 55mph..re-started
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe; the car wouldn't go above 55mph when I started it this morning, even though at 300rpm. Turned off car, re-started again to head home...worked fine. No "check engine" light. New … read more
when i go to start my car..engine wont even try to turn over
PROMECH
PROMECH, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
when i go to start my car the lights and radio all come on but the engine won't even try to turn over. i have no idea why it is doing this could you help me out here… read more
MY car wont start, i turn the key and it wont even turn
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
Hi, MY car wont start, i turn the key and it wont even turn over, just gives me a click. Battery powers seems fine too. Worked fine this morning. ITs a manual i had to give it a bit of extra gas so it… read more
1999 Kia sportage: it does not have a diesel engine
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
Can I turn my 1999 Kia sportage into a biodiesel car even though it does not have a diesel engine ? If so where can I go In Las Vegas, Neveda ?… read more
My engine turns over but my car wont start..steering wheel
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
My engine turns over but my car wont start. The steering wheel moves a little bit but feels very stiff. Any idea what the problem could be?… read more
My car is still trying to accelerate even though i..brakes
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
what does it mean when my car is still trying to accelerate even though i have applied my brakes?… read more
1998 eclipse: i turn the wheel it does it even louder
Doc Automotive
Doc Automotive, Technical Consultant
when I turn the a/c on in my 1998 eclipse it squeeks and when i turn the wheel it does it even louder… read more
1991 Audi 100: drive even though the car is phsically in park
Hog Rider
Hog Rider, Rebuliding Foreman
I have a 1991 Audi 100. When I try to start the car the dash reads that the car is in drive even though the car is phsically in park. Therefore the car will not start because it thinks its in drive.… read more
Chrysler voyager: alarm went..I have parked the car
Brian W.
Brian W., Master Auto Technician
I have a chrysler voyager. When I started my car, the panic alarm went off, now the lights are blinking even though I have parked the car. Make and model is 2001… read more
So my car wont start or even crank when i turn turn the key...starter
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
So my car won't start or even crank when i turn turn the key. i replaced the starter and it still won't do any thing. what else could be the problem? Optional Information: 1997 Jeep cherokee 4.0 liter… read more
Ive replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump..ignition module
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, LEAD AUTO TECH
my car is shutting off like it's not getting gas,even though I've replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump,and replaced the ignition module. What could be wrong?… read more
I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. When I turn on the AC
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. When I turn on the AC switch I get no AC on 1, 2 & 3 even though the AC light is and not blinking. When I turn the switch to 4 from 3 I get very cold air for about … read more