Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2002 Envoy: Drove..key wont turn..switch until you wait a few minutes
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
Drove 2002 Envoy home about 7:00 this evening. Now it will not start, and the key won't turn back so it can be removed from the switch until you wait a few minutes.… read more
Parked..a jump and it started but wouldnt stay running..alternator
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
I parked my car, wnet in a store for 5 minutes and the car wouldn't start - battery was dead. Got a jump and it started but wouldn't stay running long and wouldn't start again without a jump. I though… read more
2003 GMC ENVOY SLT: relay click stops the gate will then unlock
Kenny
Kenny, GM technician
Hello, I have a 2003 GMC ENVOY SLT, the rear gate will not unlock every time, there is a continuous click coming from what I believe is the remote receiver. If and when the relay click stops the gate … read more
1994 Cadillac: wont start..No crank, no click..Drove car
advance mechanic
advance mechanic, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
1994 Cadillac won't start. No crank, no click. Drove car to friend's house. There for 5 minutes, went to leave, no start. Internal lights bright during attempt, headlights don't dim.… read more
2000 Alero: 30 miles..Wait 5-20 minutes..(Acts like not getting fuel)
Tim Mohr, SHOP OWNER
2000 Alero - Drive for 20-30 miles, car stops. Wait 5-20 minutes and it starts (Acts like not getting fuel). It will run a few more miles and stop again. The longer I wait before restarting, it seems … read more
2002 corvette: trouble starting..dealership..we wait 5-10 minutes
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I have a 2002 corvette. We are having trouble starting the engine, the battery is fine, had it in the dealership could not find the problem. It will start if we wait 5-10 minutes.… read more
97 saturn: with 131,000 miles..overheat..stall and shut..overheating
Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Owner
I have a 97 saturn SL2 with 131,000 miles. It will overheat and shut off, then you wait 4-5 minutes and it will start back up. Also sometimes after it runs for a good 45 minutes, it will stall and shu… read more
2003 kia sedona: a new battery clicking sound only
Darren
Darren, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2003 kia sedona shut it off to go in store. Will not start. tried a new battery clicking sound only..… read more
The truck just clicks when I turn the key on. It is a 2001
Jake
Jake, auto mechanic
The truck just clicks when I turn the key on. It is a 2001 duramax The wait to start doesn't come on … read more
The car runs and then just quits if you wait 5 minutes it
cloe0626
cloe0626, auto mechanic
The car runs and then just quits if you wait 5 minutes it starts it is not overheating we changed the ignition module we changed points and rotor cap we also changed coil we changed ecu we are stumped… read more
Car yesterday..car started..I drove for a minute and tried parking
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
I was parking my car yesterday after i put it in park i took my foot off the brake and the car started moving forward. I then put my foot back on the brake and put it back in drive I drove for a minut… read more
1995 summit eagle - after driving 15 minutes..cuts..dies..towed
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
1995 summit eagle - after driving 15 minutes engine just cuts out - have to wait 5 minutes and then it re starts for a few more times then dies for good and has to be towed. just had new distributor a… read more
My envoy is making a clicking noise in the dash area when I ...
Joel
Joel, GM Journeyman technician
My envoy is making a clicking noise in the dash area when I start it up. It is a 2003 and has 78000 miles on it. It last about 2 minutes and then it stops, until the next time I start it. I think it h… read more
2003 silverado..a few minutes, I cannot get engine /starter to engage
Virtual Wrench
2003 silverado 8 cyc, 165k miles........After engine is hot, when I stop and start within a few minutes, I cannot get engine /starter to engage. Problem is quite infrequent.… read more
000 miles..engine just drove it about 350 miles..louder..under load
Billy
Billy, Bachelor's degree
just got a 2003 disco with 121,000 miles was aware of the ticking sound coming from the engine just drove it about 350 miles and engine light is on ticking seems to be louder but not so when under loa… read more
I drove home from work fine and then stopped for a minute..wont start
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
i drove home from work fine and then stopped for a minute...turned my car off and now it won't start and the clock says 12:00 even though it is 7:00. it doesn't really make a noise when you try to sta… read more
92 pontiac sunbird: started fine, drove..about 20 minutes..few tries
Dennis
Dennis, Owner, Manager
92 pontiac sunbird: started fine, drove for about 20 minutes, turned off the car ....got gas and when I tried to start it again it was like the battery was dead. Tried several times...barely turned ov… read more
2003 Ford Ranger: Drove..zero) and tried to lock doors..manually
James, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2003 Ford Ranger. Drove to grocery store this morning (4 below zero) and tried to lock doors with remote - nothing (battery?), locked manually. Went in store, and when I came out, tried to un… read more