Quadrojunk
Quadrojunk, Mechanic
Experience:  11 years of working experience, shop owner, ASE Certified (Expired).
10400286

70 buick riviera: a 455 the engine #is XXXXXXXXX code sf99 what

i have a 70 buick riviera with a 455 the engine #is XXXXXXXXX code sf99 what is this engine what hp does it have etc.
Category: Car
Expert:  Quadrojunk replied 9 years ago.
Try to enter the engine casting numbers again and I will give you the year, model and HP that was offered. The HP will be a range between low/high depending on what heads are being used. If you provide the head casting number I can give you specific HP and torque numbers.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Quadrojunk's Post: engine#401907525 code sf99 is this a stage1 ,2,,3 the service manual says it has 370hp 10 more than a stage 1
What location did you find the casting number? What is the number on the rear top of the engine between the two bolt holes? Do you or have you had the engine apart before?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
just bought the car a couple of weeks ago the engine #is between the #1&3 spark plugs the code is between #5&7 left side of block --engine was rebuilt but not by me-- some say that stage1's had415-425hp --i was wondering if this one has the same or more

I have found a site that will help you. It would take quite a few messages between us for me to explain clearly how to find out the info you requested. It would also be confusing. Here is the site http://www.trishieldperf.com/engine_identification.htm

If you need any more help or do not understand the info in the site please contact me again. As you will see there are more than one set of numbers you need to look at as well as the oil feed hole to be sure what engine. Thank you.