Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

1997 Buick Century: the headlight relay located

Where is the headlight relay...
Where is the headlight relay located on 1997 Buick Century. I bought a new one but cannot find the old one anywhere on the car.
6/17/2008
Mr C
Mr C, Technician

Below I have posted a wiring diagram of the headlamp circuit on a 1997 Buick Century.

From studying the diagram, It appears that your vehicle does not have a headlight relay.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to change the relay in the first place? If you will include some more detail I can help you further, simply reply to this post.

Please include the syptoms your car is displaying. ie - lights dim, inoperative or flickering etc.

Thanks

Headlight Diagram
Mr C
Mr C, Technician
I can not print this wiring diagram.
Are you able to view the diagram ok or is it printer issues?

If I can get some more info from you I can assist you with your problem further.

Symtoms like flickering, dim lights, inoperative lights and what lights are they?

Thanks
Reply to Mr C's Post: I cannot print the wiring diagram you supplied.If you turn on the headlight switch the parking lamps
work. But if you do not turn on the headlight switch and the DRL sensor turns them on the parking light on the passanger side does not come
on. There is 12 volts present to the passanger
side parking lamp but only 4 volts to the same
lamp blinker filament thus it does not blink. Is
there a trick to printing the wiring diagram. Thanks:David Loter
To print: if you are using windows xp, click "View Full Image", once open right click and select "Save image as", save it to the desktop or somewhere you can find it. Once saved go to the file without opening it and right click on it, and select "Print".

Below, I am including the wiring diagram for the exterior light system, which includes the park lamp and turn signal circuits.

Exterior Lights
I would start by making certain that no light bulbs on the vehicle are burnt out, particularly the turn signal lights, brake lights and dashboard indicator lights. Funny things happen when bulbs are burnt out.

It sounds like you know your way around a meter, so begin by using the exterior light diagram and check voltages backward from the problem fixture. Also check the resistance of the ground wire to that particular fixture making sure the connection is not corroded where it grounds to the upper radiator support.

It's a start...

_____________________________
Please click ACCEPT when we are Finished
Mr C
Mr C
Mr C, Technician