Auto Chill
Auto Chill, Mechanic
Experience:  automotive aircon repairer,car audio,car alarms,cruise controls,
10263073

2001 Ford: km..a couple of gears then slips and over revs then grabs

I have a 2001 Ford Sport Trac 4.0 4 wd and it has 98 thousand km''s. When you take off from a start the transmission upshifts a couple of gears then slips and over revs then grabs. The fluids are good, and it has been very well taken carwe of. Not driven hard at all. What would the problem be and how much would it be to fix.
Category: Car
Expert:  Auto Chill replied 9 years ago.

HI , welcom to justanswer ,have you chech the oil by the instructions given by your owners manual. please let me know.

jeff

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes the oil in the transmision is good

LIke anything on a car nowdays , it is very hard to pinpoint some problems . an auto gearbox is very complex. you may have a sticky valve ,blocked filter, bad oil pump and many other things. please get it into a autotrans machanic as so as possible. if you keep driving it , you can cause alot more damage. $$$

Hope this helps you and dont forget to click on the accept button. if i can help you anymore , just ask.

jeff

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
can you give me a ball park price on how much it should cost too repair so i dont get ripped off                                         & nbsp;                                          ;                       thanx

Hi , it is very hard to give prices as i could be a valve or a major part like a pump . in some cases , depending on the problem , the gearbox has to be removed. Thus , labour cost.

It is always best to get 3 quotes. they will very in price . If i new exactly what the problem was , i could give you an idea on price. As i said before , they are very complex.

It is very important you ask about there warranty policy .

i am sorry i cannot give you a price , i would love too but this would be unfair to you.

jeff