Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

99 f150: with a 4.2 litre engine it has a whine..belt..it runs fine

Customer Question
i have a 99 f150...
i have a 99 f150 with a 4.2 litre engine it has a whine that just wont go away i replaced the serpintine belt and the alt what could the problem be ? it runs fine
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
6/1/2008
Auto Mechanic: Auto Chill, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Auto Chill
Auto Chill, Mechanic

Hi , welcom to justanswer , when you had the belt off , did you spin all the pullies . you have the water pump , A/C compressor , alt , and a couple of idlers.

jeff

i did spin all the pullies with no noise i also replaced the auto tensioner
Ok , is the noise any different if your A/C is on or off.
i dont know i will get back to you after i check
well there is no change in the whine

Ok , the next thing we need to check is the power stering. is the P/S fluid levels good . Dose the noise gte worse as you turn the stering.

let me know.

jeff

the fluid levels are good the noise stays the same
Auto Chill
Auto Chill
Auto Chill, Mechanic