Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Pin..traffic, but it goes back down to normal when i driven

Customer Question
my car run hot, the...
my car run hot, the pin goes past the middle when im in alot of stop and go traffic, but it goes back down to normal when i driven constant, it crazy to me. i have plenty of coolent and everthing seem to be work good so i dont kno what the problem could be...
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car
6/1/2008
Auto Mechanic: Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED replied 9 years ago
Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
at this point it really could only be one thing, and that is your cooling fan or fans aren't working. to test, turn on the a/c full cold positions, then see if your fans are on, if not replace the fans, if the are on tap on the with a rubber hammer because when they go out they usually don't go out with out a fight, they work some time and some times they don't. i hope i helped and please accept if satisfied. thanks T-MAN
Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
the fans spin ive watched them enless your saying that they stop well im driven? then that i cant tell
do you think you have a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water in the radiator? and do your heater blow hot when it's on?
also do the car actually run hot or do the needle go all the way up or do it just go a little pass the middle? and what is the ambient air temperature where you live?
i stay in los angeles, its always like high70 most of time you kno, but yeah my a\c blows hot i think i need to recharge that also. but my neddle goes up slow when i vome to a stop at a light then when i start drivin it starts to go up slowly almost to the wht line b4 you red line
the only thing it could be is a weak thermostat not opening fully but before you condemn the thermostat check the radiator cap, if the rubber gasket on it is cracked or chipped in any way thats your problem. i hope i helped and please don't forget to accept if you still need assistance i will be right here. thanks T-MAN
good lookin out peeps im gone checc that out asap
hey man if your ever need any more helpm always request, T-MAN. again thanks
Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED