Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Replacing center brake light bulb kia rio

replacing center brake light bulb kia rio

Hi there!If you have your owners manual look at page 44 in section 7.If not try this link.let me know if it doesn't work for you.Thanks

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/pds/Glove/OM/2008/RIO_2008_OM_WEB.pdf

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: Do I need to completely remove the passenger rear cover to get to the bulb removing the acess panel only allows me to see the housing
It looks like you should be able to remove an access panel in the trunk that in turn should allow you to see the base of the socket.Turn the socket and the bulb an socket should come out together.Did the link work for you?First time I tried using the link setup so your input would be great.
Is it the five door hatchback model or a four door?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: Its is the four door sedan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I took off the three screws in back and it seem as if I have to take a screw off the front of the light assembly to even loosen the light housing

Maybe this will help.It doesn't look like you have to remove any screws.

graphic

You are trying to replace the center brake light bulb right?Am I giving you the wrong info?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Im trying to replace the brake light bulb but I cannot see another way to get to the bulb without some help
Can you see the socket with the wires?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No I can only seethe wires going into the back of the light assembly I cannot see where to take out the socket.
At the end of the wires what do you see?Is it a white or grey piece?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
it looks like a grey thick wire
Is this located in the rear window?Or in the center of the trunck?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
it comes down from the passenger side of the car I feel as if ther is something I am missing to do ro get to the brake light bulb

I think I am giving you the repair procedure for the wrong bulb.Try this:

graphic

graphic

You have to remove the tail assembly to access the bulbs.I was thinking you wanted to replace the third brake light.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
THE LIGHT BULB CAN NOT COME OFF AS YOUR SUGGESTED WHATS ELSE MUST I DO
Are you saying you cannot get the taillight assembly off the car?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The only way you can access the bulb is to remove the tail light assembly from the car,once it is out you can then get to the socket that holds the bulb.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
DOES THAT INTELL ME TAKING THE 3 SCREWS OFF INSIDE AND THE ONE SCREW ON THE FRONT OF THE TAIL LIGHT

Yes,If you look at the post about 3 or 4 posts ago,I sent you the diagram and instructions on how to do this.Click on the picture and print it,it should give you all the info you need