Fuhrmeister
Fuhrmeister, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years experience as a mechanic. Everything except A/C systems.
9283220

2001 oldsmobile intrigue: When I accelerate from a stop my car jerks

I have a 2001 oldsmobile intrigue. When I accelerate from a stop my car jerks forward sometimes even feels like getting hit in the back.
Category: Car
Expert:  Fuhrmeister replied 9 years ago.

Is it only when you accelerate? Does it act like its going to stall?

Thanks,

Fuhrmeister

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Fuhrmeister's Post: When you are at a slowed pace, you go to accelerate and it like does not go full force. It all of the sudden kicks in real fast and takes off with a huge jolt. It only happens when it is cold. It does not act like it is going to stall.

can you tell if its shifting gears at the time before it kicks in?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Fuhrmeister's Post: It seems like it is shifting fine. It only does it when your a couple blocks away from home while it is still cool at a stop sign and you go to take off once or twice and then not again for the rest of the time your driving. It like leaps forward like a jolt. I said before after a starting at a slow pace, but it is only after a complete stop. It does not seem to be slipping at all when your driving along.

I think its probably just the air filter or fuel filter. If you replace those and the problem persists I would focus on the fuel pump itself. It might be on its last leg. After you replace the air filter and fuel filter and if the problem remains. Take your car to somebody who can check the fuel pressure while its cold. I hope this helps. If this information was helpful please click the accept button.

Thanks,

Fuhrmeister