Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

What is the Year, Make and Model?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
2005 chey trailblazer
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
2005 chevy trailblazer
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

OK

Did they happen to tell you why the repair cost so much?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
no, I was never told it was going to cost me
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

OK

Doing a quick check on the led 3rd brake light it cost around 120 dollars for the part. That means the rest of the price is in labor. In your situation I would ask the dealer for a written estimate for the part and labor. In general you will pay more having any kinds of repairs done at the dealership. I would call around on this one and see what other reputable repair shops are willing to do the repairs for. You may be able to save a good amount of money buy going somewhere else.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
they've already done the work; I'm wondering why it's not covered under the warranty or by a call..........
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

OK

Normally bulbs are not covered under warranty. The only way I would see them replacing the light at no charge is if there was a defect with the light. Usually burnt out bulbs, cracks scratches etc... would not be covered under warranty. I would still call and ask for the explanation on the repairs.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback welcomed!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It's not so much of the cost of the light, it's the SHIELD that went flying off while doing 70 on the highway that seems to be dangerous & a hazaed
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

OK

IS this the shield that holds the 3rd brake light in?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Robert replied 9 years ago.

OK

I just looked for any recalls or bulletins on this issue and did not see any. I would call the manufacturer and tell them your situation and what had happened. They may be able to help you with the cost if they feel it was a product defect.