Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 yrs experience and currently own and operate an Auto Repair Center
4387830

2002 Hyundai Elantra: 000 miles..noises..sitting..it goes away

I have a 2002 Hyundai Elantra with over 130,000 miles. It makes squeeking noises when started in the morning or after sitting all day. After pressing the gas several times, it goes away. Then it makes the same noises when turning left or right. This only happens for the first 4-5 minutes, then stops. What is the problem?

Hi, Welcome to just answer!

Most common issue on this vehicle for this problem is to have the Serpentine belt replaced along with the tensioner and all will be well once more.

If you need further assistance let me know.